2018 Calendar Photo Contest
It’s that time of year again. We invite you to share your beautiful, engaging photos with our readers by entering this year’s calendar photo contest. As many as 13 winners will be selected. Each winner will received $100. Submissions are accepted until July 21, 2017.
The contest is open only to members of BUECI.
Each person may submit up to two (2) photos. Each photo should include:
- Photographer’s name, address and electric utility account number
- A short description of the photo
- An email address and telephone number where the photographer can be contacted.
Only digital JPEG photos will be accepted. Photos must be in horizontal or landscape format and at least 300 dpi at 11-inches by 9-inches tall. Vertical photos and files over 15 megabytes will not be accepted.
Deliver submissions to Wendy Battle, Executive Assistant, as 1295 Agvik St. via flash drive or CD. Flash drives will be returned.
Winning photos will be selected by Ruralite magazine, based on image quality and how well they represent the community and Barrow Utilities & Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Each person with a photo in the calendar will receive five copies of the calendar.
Good luck and have fun!
By entering the contest, you agree to give Barrow Utilities & Electric Cooperative Inc. one-time rights to publish your photo in the Ruralite calendar and to use it to promote the calendar contest in the future.
- Use the highest resolution setting on your digital camera.
- Photograph beautiful places and wildlife. Selected photos will have dramatic colors or scenery.
- Calendar photos should reflect the beauty of the area where our members live.
- Submit photos that suggest a season, holiday or cultural activity.
- Avoid photos of pets.